Norton is one of the most trending antivirus software as it offers wide-ranging security to the entire devices like Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows. The main reason behind such high usage of Norton Setup is including the highly advanced features to it. Some of the popular Norton products being available onto its official website includes Norton 360, Norton Antivirus, Norton Antivirus Plus, Norton 360 Super, and many more.
Sometimes the users face some issues while enabling the Norton Setup or Norton 360 onto the users’ device and this is the only reason they need to turn-off the setup, temporarily. Thus, the steps to temporarily turn-off or disable the Norton 360 have been detailed in the article given below. Remember the point that the users’ device will become more vulnerable to the attacks of viruses or online threats if they keep their Norton Setup turn-off for more than the desired period. So, try to enable is as soon as possible once the users’ work has been completed, successfully.
Steps to turn-off the Norton 360 temporarily:
Follow the downward steps to disable or turn-off the Norton 360, temporarily so that the users’ device gets rid of the entire non-functionalities, easily. The steps are as follows:
- First of all, select the Norton Setup or Norton 360 application icon within the Notification area of the device.
- After this, toggle the ‘Auto-Protect’ button making the feature disabled.
- And then, the ‘Security Request’ window will appear onto the device screen.
- Within this window, in the ‘Select the Duration’ do select the time duration till when the users want to turn off Norton 360.
- At last, click the ‘OK’ button to save the entire changes made.
On completion of the work, do repeat the same process to enable the Norton 360 by toggling the Auto-Protect button to enable the setup once again.
Steps to turn-off the Norton Task Notification:
Do follow the underneath steps in order to turn-off the Notifications related to the Norton 360 within the Notification area. The steps are as follows:
- Launch the Norton 360 application, followed by clicking the ‘Settings’ icon on the main screen.
- Now, move to the ‘Administrative Settings’ section.
- And then, turn off the button of Norton Task Notification.
- At last, click the ‘Apply’ button, and then, click the ‘Close’ button to save the entire changes being made.
Steps to disable the Norton 360 Firewall:
Follow the steps detailed below, to disable the firewall feature of the Norton Setup, so that the users may continue their online activities without being interrupted by this feature:
- To execute the Norton 360 application onto the device.
- From the main window, go to the ‘Settings’ area.
- Here, all the services or features will be projected onto the device. Out of these features, toggle the ‘Firewall’ button displayed in front of the ‘Smart Firewall’ option.
- Now, also do select the time duration till the period the users want to disable this firewall feature.
- At last, click the ‘Apply’ button, followed by clicking the ‘Ok’ button to make or save all the changes being made.
For enabling the firewall feature, repeat the same process as detailed above so that the device’s vulnerability of being attacked by online attacks goes down.
I hope, this article is quite helpful in resolving the concern of the Norton Setup users related to ‘how to disable or turn-off the Norton 360, temporarily’. The steps detailed are quite simple as well as easy to follow. Thus, the users are advised to access the official website of norton i.e. norton.com/setup to get rid of such concerns, easily as the company does provide its free services for helping them by its experts.
Read Also: How to Download Norton from Xfinity?